Full Time -Accountant Job Responsibilities:
We are seeking a full time Accountant that provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports. QuickBooks experience, Bachelor in Accounting. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
Accountant Job Duties
- Individual will share responsibility for Payables and Receivables, Inputting invoices to payable system, writing checks and posting to customer accounts.
- Perform Journal entries and assist on the month-end closing process, prepare journal entries, and other reports.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information. Reconcile bank accounts.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Sales Tax preparation.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
College graduate (BS) in Accounting, 2-3 years’ experience as an Accountant/bookkeeping, QuickBooks experience, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Excel, Management, Bilingual (Spanish/English), M.B.A. is a plus.