Making Smart Choices about Security
10 tips to help you guard against a potential cyber attack.
Cybersecurity is the backbone of a safe house. Making smart choices will help you protect effectively the valuable assets you are already guarding with physical Security Camera System. Take a look at these 10 tips to help guard against a potential cyber attack.
1. Updates: keep your software and firmware updated.
2. Use Complex Passwords: minimum 8 characters long and a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
3. Responsibilities: Each user should only be given the authority to access their specific responsibilities.
4. Record: Every action should be done logged in, so that there is a record kept for later use.
5. Protect your Network: Use a firewall. There are ease to install and they even come pre-installed in most routers.
6. Use uncommon ports: “security through obscurity.” This creates an additional step when someone is trying to access your appliances.
7. Secure your installation: Keep your network and IT assets with limited access. Make sure they are protected from unwanted access.
8. Invalid Login: Use password lock-out features for invalid login attempts. And if possible, receive notifications of these attempts.
9. Plan ahead: Decide who to notify in the case of a breach.
10. Malfunctions: In the case of vulnerability due to a flaw with the manufacturer, notify the manufacturer so that they can test. If an issue is found they can also work to fix it.
Source: Hikvision USA
About P&O Global Technologies, Inc.
P&O Global Technologies is a leader in CCTV surveillance camera systems installation, using the latest in technology, with more then 20 years on the market providing excellent service to our customers in Miami, FL. We can fit any budget and create a perfect custom package to fulfill your security camera needs, to protect your business or home. P&O delivers free site survey, professional installation, and support by our experienced team. For more information, visit www.pogt.net
Services we offer: Security Camera Systems Installation, CCTV, Facial Recognition Technology, Biometric Scanner Technology Installation, License Plate Recognition Software, IT Services, LAN Solution, Network and Server Admin configuration.