Tips for Maintaining Your Security Camera System.
If you own a Security Camera System, it might be a good idea to schedule a regular maintenance to check that it’s performing correctly. We’ve come up with some simple steps that will help you with this task. This will help protect your investment, and you’ll be sure that you’re getting the best performance out of your security system when you need it the most.
- Clean Camera Lenses: Look for any undesirable elements on your lenses, because dust can damage a good image quality, even HD. Be careful to be very gentle and use a microfiber cloth.
- Clean DVRs: Any dust over your DVR can affect its performance. Make sure to wipe it all off with a microfiber cloth.
- Landscape: Make sure your outdoor cameras have a 360° clear view keeping a neat and trimmed landscape to prevent any obstruction. Reviewing a video, to realize that a tree branch was blocking your camera is a shame.
- Check cameras position: Check the positioning of all your cameras to make sure they are pointing in the correct direction and to check they are not loose.
- Check weatherproof cameras: Make sure your camera enclosures are still weatherproof by checking for water, condensation or dust inside the camera housing.
- Check Cabling: When your security cameras stop working, it usually is because of cables in bad conditions or because they were simply disconnected. That’s why you need to take a look at them every once in a while.
- Check power supplies: In Miami due to a lot of storms, it’s important to check that your cameras haven’t lost power. With a simple look check, your UPS have a working battery or any warning lights. If you have a voltmeter, use to check your cameras are receiving full power.
- Check for corrosion: Inspect all your indoor and outdoor cameras and look for signs of any corrosion.
- Replace cameras with poor quality: Look wich cameras are not giving you the quality you desire and change them for HD definition. At P&O Global Technologies, Inc we can help you install and maintain them.
About P&O Global Technologies, Inc.
P&O Global Technologies is a leader in CCTV surveillance camera systems installation, using the latest in technology, with more than 20 years on the market providing excellent service to our customers in Miami, FL. We can fit any budget and create a perfect custom package to fulfill your security camera needs, to protect your business or home. P&O delivers free site survey, professional installation, and support by our experienced team. For more information, visit www.pogt.net
Services we offer: Security Camera Systems Installation, CCTV, Facial Recognition Technology, Biometric Scanner Technology Installation, License Plate Recognition Software, IT Services, LAN Solution, Network and Server Admin configuration.